It is a student’s right to be delivered a full programme of study in their subjects and to be given proper support and assistance by their tutor and other staff.
For this to happen you need to attend all lessons and tutorials on time. One of the first comments made in any reference concerns attendance and punctuality. Attendance is based on prompt arrival to registration as well as attendance to all lessons. They are very important aspects of your ability to organise yourself as well as good manners.
Please complete the relevant (Absence Today or Future Absence) form in the Operoo Form Library as soon as possible on each day of absence.
In the case of positive Covid results, once you have completed a form and confirmed an anticipated return date, you will not need to contact on each subsequent day of isolation unless the length of absence changes.
Please click here for a copy of the letter sent home on 21 January 2022.
If you know that you will be absent from school for some reason, including university and college open days, you must collect a Leave of Absence Request form from the Sixth Form Office. This should be signed by the subject teachers of lessons you will miss, your parent/carer, form tutor and a member of the Sixth Form Team.
If the absence is unplanned, due to illness for example, the school must be notified as soon as possible and students will need to see teachers in order to catch up with work as soon as they return to school. Unauthorised absences are not acceptable and reflect negatively on any reference.
The School Day
Students must remain on the premises during lesson time. If there is a legitimate reason to leave, you can speak to someone in the Sixth Form Office who may give you permission to sign out. Sixth Form students may leave the site during the lunch break. It is important that students sign in and out when they leave the school site.
- Be in school by 8.35 in order to be in Tutor time by 8.40
- Be in lessons on time
- Arrange doctors, dentists and orthodontists appointments etc. out of lesson times
- Driving Lessons. This is obviously the time when many students start having driving lessons. You can arrange these during Home Study periods only, or outside of school hours.
- If you know you are going to be absent, like attending University open days, you will need to complete a ‘Leave of Absence’ form in advance. This then notifies the Sixth Form Team as well as subject teachers to your absence.
- In other circumstances, such as illness, you will need to let the school know as early as possible and email your subject teachers to find out what work you have missed. Try to do this before the next lesson with them.
- Holidays are not authorised during term time.