To support reading from home we are now able to offer our students and staff free access to our collection of nearly 2,000 eBooks and audiobooks.
Please watch this video to learn more about our school ePlatform
Please click on the link below to find out how to start borrowing:
The ePlatform is full of bestselling, popular fiction titles and offers students a 24/7, 365 library while our print library in school is out of action. Students can borrow one eBook title or audiobook at a time, and that title will automatically return after 2 weeks, or students can return it earlier to loan a new title.
Accessit Online Catalogue
- Access the school catalogue from home
- Use multiple search options to help develop their information literacy skills
- Receive automatic suggestions for their next read based on history
The Learning Resource Centre is a welcoming environment that encourages reading, research & study.
This inviting space houses a fantastic range of fiction and non-fiction books, journals and magazines. The LRC can accommodate approximately 120 students, with dedicated areas for reading and sixth form quiet study, two computer suites and the school stationery shop. It also provides a focal point for showcasing students' learning achievements through regular displays and small exhibitions.
The LRC is used for exams and as such will occasionally be unavailable for general use and where possible a pop-up LRC will be set up elsewhere.
Twitter & Instagram
Please follow our social media accounts:
- Monday 8.00am - 4.30pm
- Tuesday 8.00am - 3.30pm
- Wednesday 8.00am - 4.30pm
- Thursday 8.00am - 3.30pm
- Friday 8.00am - 3.30pm
Students and staff are welcome to use the LRC before school, break, lunch-time and after school to read, research or study.
The Stationery Shop stocks all items requested by departments, including book covers. Printer credits can be purchased from here should students need to top-up their school account.
Stationery Kit & Price List
All (apart from the Headphones) are available to purchase in the school Stationery Shop.
- Chromebook - fully charged ready to use at the start of the day
- A Pencil Case to include:
- Blue, black and green Biros
- HB pencil
- Pencil sharpener
- Colouring pencils
- Dry wipe pen
- Small pair of scissors
- Glue stick
- Paintbrush and paint for Art as required
- Maths Set needed for Maths, Science and D&T
- Set square
- 180° protractor
- 15cm ruler
- Metal compass
- A scientific Calculator will be needed for Maths and Science - you are not allowed to use your phone calculator app
- Headphones, only to be used in lessons if asked to by the teacher. As these headphones will be used during keyboard and Chromebook work, headphones should be wired (NOT Bluetooth enabled). These should have a small jack (3.5mm) but we will be able to provide adapters if necessary.