The Learning Resource Centre is a welcoming environment that encourages reading, research & study.
This inviting space houses an inspiring range of fiction, non-fiction books and journals. The LRC is located on Floor B and can accommodate approximately 60 students, with space for reading, sixth form quiet study and the school stationery shop. The dedicated staff are commited to supporting teaching and learning.
Accessit Online Catalogue
- Access the school catalogue from home
- Use multiple search options to help develop their information literacy skills
- Receive automatic suggestions for their next read based on history
To support reading from home we are now able to offer our students and staff free access to our collection of nearly 2,000 eBooks and audiobooks.
Please watch this video to learn more about our school ePlatform
Please click on the link below to find out how to start borrowing:
The ePlatform is full of bestselling, popular fiction titles and offers students a 24/7, 365 library while our print library in school is out of action. Students can borrow one eBook title or audiobook at a time, and that title will automatically return after 2 weeks, or students can return it earlier to loan a new title.
Twitter & Instagram
Please follow our social media accounts:
- Monday 8.00am - 4.30pm
- Tuesday 8.00am - 3.30pm
- Wednesday 8.00am - 4.30pm
- Thursday 8.00am - 3.30pm
- Friday 8.00am - 3.30pm
Students and staff are welcome to use the LRC before school, break, lunch-time and after school to read, research or study.
The Stationery Shop stocks all items requested by departments, including book covers. Printer credits can be purchased from here should students need to top-up their school account.
Stationery Kit & Price List
Stationery available to purchase in the LRC Stationery Shop.
- Pencil Case to include:
- Black and green Biros
- HB pencil
- Pencil sharpener
- Colouring pencils
- Small pair of scissors (round ended)
- Glue stick
- For Maths & Science
- A scientific Calculator - you are not allowed to use your phone calculator app
- 360° Protractor
- For Art
- Paint, paintbrush and 4B pencil
- A kit that includes all of the above is available to purchase from the Uniform Shop
Each day Students will also need to bring:
- Chromebook - fully charged ready to use at the start of the day
- Headphones, only to be used in lessons if asked to by the teacher. As these headphones will be used during keyboard and Chromebook work, headphones to be wired (NOT Bluetooth enabled). These should have a small jack (3.5mm) but we will be able to provide adapters if necessary.
Wider Reading Lists for Subjects
Wider reading lists detail books you can read to build on your subject knowledge. The majority of these books are available in our Learning Resource Centre.