Tring School is a secondary school with academy status. It remains a voluntary controlled church foundation administered by the trustees and members of the Academy, with five of its Governors being nominated by the Diocesan Education Committee.
We have excellent links with our local primary schools which help with the transition from primary to secondary school. Year 6 students are invited to spend a few days with us during the Summer Term prior to starting Tring School in September and parents also come to an evening session to meet staff and receive further information.
The school received 580 applications for places in Year 7 last year. The standard intake number for the school is 240. The school’s Admissions Policy is administered by the Local Education Authority on our behalf.
The school also admits students to other years throughout the school year if places are available in accordance with our Admission Statement.
Admissions process – Secondary Transfer
All admissions to Tring School are determined by Hertfordshire County Council in accordance with the admissions criteria. Please see Admissions Folder at the bottom of this page for the Tring School Admissions Policy.
Supplementary Information Form (SIF)
For those claiming a Church place, a SIF must be completed in addition to the online application. The SIF should be returned directly to Tring School with any supporting documentation. Please see Admissions Folder at the bottom of this page.
Admissions process & queries
For detailed information about the admissions process, including the interactive “Moving On” booklet, schools directory, admissions queries, help and support please contact the Hertfordshire Customer Service Centre on: 0300 1234 043 or
Important dates 2022-23
- 1 September 2022 - Online application system opens
- 20 September 2022 - Open Evening
- 31 October 2022 - DEADLINE to apply for a school place
- 2 December 2022 - Last date to submit any changes / reasons for late application
- 30 January 2023 - Applications received after this date will not be offered a school place until the week of 24 – 28 April 2023
- 1 March 2023 - National Allocation day (you receive an email)
- 15 March 2023 - Last date for accepting the place offered
- 29 March 2023 - Last date to register an appeal
- 2 May to 15 June 2023 - Appeals heard
- from 21 July 2023 - In year application for continuing interest list for year 7
In Year Applications
If you have moved or want your child to change schools, you can apply for an “in year admission”.
Hertfordshire County Council coordinates the in year admissions for Tring School. Full details of how to make an application are on the HCC website - In year admissions
Admissions to Years 7 – 11
Admissions to the Sixth Form
External Applications for Sixth Form
Please click on the link below for the Sixth Form Application Form and information for external candidates.