At Tring School we understand that purposeful, relevant Home Learning adds on average an additional 5 months progress for students.
See this study for more details around this.
- Home learning will be set on Go4Schools.
- We do not have a home learning timetable as the frequency and length of tasks will be dependent on the topics and assessments that are being delivered.
- We understand that home learning should support our students in developing as independent learners who flourish in their gifts.
- We have a clear intent for home learning and ensure it is linked to classroom work and built into lessons as an integral part of learning.
- Home learning should encourage students to practise and consolidate skills, conduct in depth research and inquiry, prepare for the next lesson or revisit/revise content.
- We can set home learning that involves reading. This could be pre reading or consolidation reading. Students could keep a reading journal to evidence this.
- We can set home learning that involves the use of digital technology e.g. GCSE Pod, Edpuzzle and encourages students to practise and consolidate skills.