Learning Resource Centre Assistant
We are seeking an enthusiastic and organised individual to join our established Learning Resource Centre team. The Learning Resource Centre is at the heart of Tring School, providing library, information services and computer facilities to support teaching and learning. The work pattern will be agreed with the Learning Resource Centre, Manager but the post holder will be required to adopt a flexible approach as hours may vary from time to time to suit the requirements of the post. This will include lone working in the LRC. Pastoral care for students, developing relationships to work with the students who are within the LRC.
To assist with the running of the LRC under the direct supervision of the LRC Manager. Provide a welcoming and responsive reception service at the LRC.
Provide help and advice to staff and students about using resources.
- Supervision of students using the Learning Resource Centre, before and after school, and at break and lunch times.Participate in a range of daily routines to ensure that resources, accommodation and equipment are organised and maintained in order to make the LRC attractive and accessible to all learners and staff, including the provision of displays and publicity material.
- Acquire and maintain a good knowledge of information sources and literature of all subject areas relevant to the needs of the students.
- Be able to help learners find information from a variety of sources both print and electronic. Develop an in depth working knowledge of resources in a designated subject area in order to answer student enquiries, and to make suggestions for new resources.
- Deliver student inductions using a standard format and information skills programmes where required.
- Gather statistics to monitor the use of LRC resources.
- Take the lead responsibility within the team on an individual or shared basis for specific duties, such as book processing, overdue loans, acquisitions, ordering stationery and/or inter library loans.
- As part of the Learning Resource Centre team, contribute to the development, maintenance and updating of procedures.
- Undertake stock selection in conjunction with the Learning Resource Centre, Manager to meet curriculum needs, through liaison with Departments.
- Work as a member of a project team contributing to new developments or updating procedures.
A comprehensive induction programme will be given, with opportunities for further training and personal development.
- Monday 8.00am - 2.30pm
- Tuesday 8.00am - 2.30pm
- Friday 10.30am - 2.30pm
To apply, please email completed support staff application forms along with a cover letter to Mrs M Hutchinson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 21 June 2019 - 9.00am
Interviews: 24 June 2019
Start Date: 2 Semptember 2019