Core Subjects Administrator
We are seeking an enthusiastic and organised individual to take responsibility for general administration and resource management to support our established Maths and English Departments. The post holder will be required to adopt a flexible approach and be confident, supportive and possess good interpersonal and communication skills.
- To ensure that the department are celebrating student success by collecting ‘Star Pupil’ names from staff and issuing celebration postcards to students and award achievement points on G4S.
- Following assessments/trackers/reports, remind teachers of data input and deadline. ‘Check and chase’ when deadline passes.
- Data analysis following trackers: Using G4S, identify key individuals or groups who require assistance or intervention (whole year, individual classes, SEN, PPM, AMA) and send to all staff.
- Follow up interventions and identify any gaps
- All Admin tasks for the department as required: trip administration, mass printing/photocopying (in advance to reprographics), filing, data inputting, proof reading etc.
- To write the postcards from them, put their name on the board outside the office and input the points awarded on G4S.
- To maintain and update on a regular basis the displays in the main corridors and classrooms. To assist the teachers with their displays where necessary.
- To consult the Tring School calendar and Department Overviews for key dates and send reminders to teaching staff where necessary.
- Checking the departments Schemes of Work are relevant and up to date. Ongoing ‘tidy’ up of the departments shared area
- Liaising with Key Stage managers to check SOW are up to date and that Google Team Drives are in order/’tidy’ (ongoing).
- To organise, collate and proof read the weekly department communications and to ensure that the Agenda is prepared and that any actions raised have been completed.
- To manage and order all the stationery requirements, including texts, for the department. To oversee and manage the budget in this area – including printing charges.
- Support with Open Evening organisation and Sixth Form Option Evening
- To assist/write parent letters as and when required.
- To support with PIXL, Accelerated Reader, Tring Writes, World Book Day, Y6 Induction and all other departmental initiatives and programmes.
- To develop student/parent voice feedback at different points in the year
- To ensure that the subject page on the website is up to date and relevant.
- To organise departments' texts/resources; involving sorting through, stamping and numbering all the texts.
- Ensure the English Independent Study (homework) website is updated with additional tasks, where required, each term. reading etc.
- Any other administrative task that is reasonable within the context of this job description.
- To support the other administrator for core subjects.
Tring School is popular and over-subscribed, serving the town of Tring and the surrounding villages. It is a mixed Church of England all-ability school, 1500 on roll, over 300 Post-16. Academic attainment is well above average and improving year on year. The school strives to support and encourage individual growth within a caring community. We have a talented team of staff who are ambitious to become outstanding in all areas of our work. Ofsted Inspection November 2017 stated: ‘Pupils are highly motivated to learn.' ‘Teaching is good overall with outstanding features
A comprehensive induction programme will be given, with opportunities for further training and personal development.
To apply, please email completed support staff application forms along with a cover letter to Mrs M Hutchinson at email@example.com
Closing date: 9.00am on 17 May 2019
Interviews: w/c 20 May 2019