Responsible to: Examinations Manager
Role: Exam Invigilator - scribe and reader
Hours: Variable hours during the exam season and mock exams (throughout the year)
We are looking to expand our examination team of scribes, readers and invigilators. The team oversee the examination hall and provide access arrangements in terms of reading and scribing for pupils who require additional help. Candidates must have good communications skills and be able to commit to their chosen dates in advance. Training is provided so no previous experience is necessary.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- To attend annual training sessions for exam invigilators, readers and scribes
- Support pupils on a 1:1 basis during the examination or as a group
- Follow instructions given by the examinations office
- Adhere to strict JCQ rules as to what can and cannot be read or scribed.
- Read aloud examinations instructions and questions, accurately and clearly
- Re-read aloud examination instructions and questions if requested
- Re-read a candidate’s answer back to them if requested.
- Produce accurate and verbatim transcripts of answers dictated by the candidate in a handwritten format
- Re-transcribe answers back to the student if requested and make amendments as dictated by the student
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Undertake training and development specific to the role
- Cooperate with the school in complying with relevant health and safety legislation, policies and procedures
- Carry out the duties and responsibilities of the post in compliance with the school’s equal opportunity policy
- Support the aims and ethos of the school
- Maintain confidentiality and observe data protection and associated guidelines where appropriate
- Maintain an awareness of keeping children safe in Education - safeguarding children
- Carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities with the overall function.
- Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Essential to understand the importance of integrity and confidentiality
- Ability to work as part of a team
To apply please email a completed Tring School support staff application form with a covering letter to Mrs M Hutchinson firstname.lastname@example.org.
This job description is a guide to the work that you will initially be required to undertake. It may be changed from time to time, in consultation with you, to meet changing circumstances. It does not form part of your contract of employment.