Contract: 18 Months
Hours: 37 hours a week (Full Time)
Salary: £222.00 per week
Start date: As soon as possible
As the IT Support Apprentice you will report directly to the IT Manager and will assist the IT Systems Engineers in providing technical support to staff and students. Work will be undertaken in accordance with service level agreements and as required by the IT Manager.
The postholder will be required to respond to user support calls providing assistance in identifying software and hardware problems. This will involve communicating technical issues to non-technical person and delivering a satisfactory resolution for the users. This will also include:
- Escalating unsolved problems to the system engineers or IT Manager.
- Keeping users informed regarding the status of their issue using different communication skills including: Email, Telephone and in person.
Working closely with other team members you will be able to develop on hand experience with a vast range of technology including:
- Windows operating systems including Server and workstations.
- Wired and wireless infrastructure
Duties will only be expected where adequate expertise exists or training has been given.
5 GCSEs ideally at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) including Maths and English Language
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Basic knowledge of PC hardware and software
- Attention to detail
- Ability to think logically to solve issues
- Able to work as part of a team as well as individually
- Good organisation and time management
To apply, please complete a support staff application form (see below) along with a cover letter and send to Mrs M Hutchinson at email@example.com
Closing date: Monday 25 February 2019 - 9.00am
Interviews: w/c 4 March 2019