The Sixth Form experience is about more than gaining academic qualifications – although this is of utmost importance. We place great emphasis on ensuring that our students are also well rounded individuals.
We pride ourselves in offering a wide range of responsibilities and activities from Head Students and their Deputies, House Captains and the Social Committee.
In total we offer over sixty positions of responsibility. These provide students with an opportunity to develop their interpersonal skills and give something back to the wider school community. These additional roles and responsibilities also add credibility to both job and UCAS applications.
The Head Students and their Deputies are regarded as ambassadors of the school by staff, governors and parents and are looked up to by younger students. The Team should set exemplary standards at all times, though they have a number of specific areas of responsibility:
- Upholding the aims and objectives of the Sixth Form and Tring School, specifically to promote a positive profile of the Sixth form within the school
- Acting as student representatives on the school governing body
- Representing Tring School, playing a part in presentation evenings, open evenings and showing prospective staff and students around the school
- Taking a lead role in the running of the School Council
- Liaising closely with the Student Leaders of Sixth Form
- Working closely with the Head Teacher and the Head of Sixth Form
- Promoting student voice in school improvement initiatives, student issues etc.
The role of House Captain is one of privilege, pride and responsibility which requires dedication and commitment for an entire year. Each House will have two Senior Captains and 4 additional Captions who will all contribute an assortment of skills and ideas to the job. The role will include the following:
- Leading on Student Voice
- Leading and supporting House Collective Worship
- Meeting regularly with the House Team
- Representing the House, and School, during school events
- Organising House Competitions
- Raising money for school projects and charities
- Overseeing the social media account appropriately
Sixth Form Social Committee
The Sixth Form Social Committee is an excellent way of gaining valuable skills for use in life after Tring School.
All students have a voice through the Sixth Form Social Committee. This committee organises social events, fundraising, and makes recommendations to staff. In recent years they have arranged and overseen a large number of fund raising events, produced year books and organised socials throughout the year including the highly acclaimed May Ball.
Please note that Sixth Form socials are organised by students and are not attended by staff.